You are Not Alone!
“These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.” – Matthew 15:8-9 NKJV
Are you in a cult? Do feel that you are in a cult? What is a non-Christian group or organization?
I have define a “Cult” for you from Dictionary.com website, and here are the 7 definitions:
1. a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
2. an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
3.the object of such devotion.
4. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
5. Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
6. a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
7. the members of such a religion or sect.
The bottom line: the term cult is often suggests the extreme beliefs and bizarre behavior in a person.
What is a cult within the institutional church?
It is a group that is unorthodox, esoteric, and has a devotion to a person, object, or a set of new ideas. We also called the cult a non-Christian group or organization, which expresses some form of new teaching (theology and doctrine) and hold to the only possible truth out there today. They will have a strong leader who is above reproach. He or She (the cult leader) will not be denied or contradicted in away. Their claim is that God send them with a revelation, mission, and some kind of special abilities. The cult members are given non-verifiable belief systems that often the philosophy makes sense only if you adopt the full set of values and definitions that it teaches, combined with claiming any opposing views demonstrated against them as a form of persecution.
You have seen them in mainstream media, like televangelist, to isolation of it members in order to facilitate control over the members physically, intellectually, financially, and emotionally. This cult can appear to be helpful at first until their indoctrination and future focus of the end-times are won. Here are the fundamental characters:
- Usually seeks to do good works, like street witnessing, otherwise, no one would join them.
- They are usually moral and possess a good standard of ethical teaching.
- Many times the Bible is used (twisted) or additional “scriptures” are penned. The Bible, when used, is always distorted with private interpretations, like the scripture cannot be broken (literal only), first fruit tithes, prosperity blessings (the secret), etc.
- Many cults recruit Jesus as one of their own prophet and redefine Him accordingly.
- The man or woman leader has taken the place of God, and the members starts to worship the idol (the leader) and not the Heavenly Father God.
- Must requires tithing and/or property transfer to the religious system.
Do you feel that you are in a cult?
Yes, many institutional churches today are cultist, and have the many characteristics shown above. If you are enlighten by the Holy Spirit to see the different between the “church” and the institutional church, I encourage you to read the exodus help:
Leaving the Institutional Church
The True Definition of the Church
Each of these articles will help you to make the right decision with your walk with God. You can contact me via email, and I will love to share my search for the “Great Shepherd” with you. Today you can see the brake down of the institutional church, as many have quit attending to search for other means of fellowship. We are rapidly becoming unreligious! Thank you Lord (my side praise with a smile).
We can restart ourselves to the only true God, in spirt and in truth. Go to fellowship to invite the Holy Spirit to move in our midst and to praise and worship the Son, Jesus Christ, because of what He has done on our behalf – die for our sins. This is Life. This is Freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:16-18
16 but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.
The Church & the Sense of Belonging
The Church Made with Real Sugar Offering
Cross References for 2 Corinthians 3:16-18
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.
2 thoughts on “What is a Cult?”
my friend says she knows i am going to hell because i do not read the bible enough how in the world can she judge people if she really believes in the true lord she id sda. and she knkows by looking at people they are going to ell and she says she is good reads her bible every day spends time with God and she knows she is going to heaven her name is to be put in a glass jar and taken up to God by angels and that is why she knkows she is getting to heaven and i am not. she asks me to come in to her house to read the bible which mary g white wrote is hse a false prophet or not
She is a false prophet , Elen g white she has prophecy that is off or never come true, she has some things about the end times that are so wrong, sda belive in Jesus but they believe that Jesus is Michael the arc angel, no angel can pay for our sin, or come to be Man and pay the price for sin,